Phase Guidelines & FAQ
Lloyd Athletic Club is dedicated to keeping our members, staff, and all those in the community safe while social distancing during the COVID-19 crisis.
We believe that exercising is imperative for people to stay healthy, but as we adapt to new guidelines and move forward to operate in this new environment we also want to make sure we communicate our efforts and answer as many of your questions as possible. If you do not find an answer to a question below, feel free to reach out on Facebook.
PHASE 1 GUIDELINES
We will be allowed to reopen June 19th if everything goes according to plan (Gov. Brown approves Multnomah County)! We are very excited. We have been working on implementing many safety and sanitizing policies to help us prepare for reopening.
Things will be strict in Phase 1 but we think that’s good. We will be going beyond the recommendations from Multnomah County Health Dept. and the CDC.
- The gym will be open 6am-8pm with occupancy limits. We ask that members check in and out in order to help us monitor how many people are here at the same time.
- Members and staff will be required to wear face coverings in Phase 1, wipe down all equipment before and after use, and maintain 6 ft of social distancing. Class sizes are limited to meet these guidelines.
- Sorry there cannot be any showering, hot-tub/steam-room/sauna, drinking fountain use, Multi Player Court-Sports, ice, or towel service per the County’s guidelines.
- Members will be required to check in and verify they are not symptomatic. We ask all members and staff to wash their hands immediately upon entry and then again just before they leave. We have a thermal temperature scan available upon request.
- We will have a limited Group Exercise Class schedule (sorry, no Senior Classes).
- Personal Training will resume. Trainers will wipe down all equipment for clients and maintain 6 ft of distance. Members and Trainers can use individual courts upon request by the client.
We appreciate the patience and care our members and staff have shown during this difficult time – we’re ready to begin seeing everyone again and look forward to things returning to normal.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What precautions are you going to take to keep members safe during Phase I?
- We will be limiting occupancy based on our square footage in order to maintain 6′ social distancing
- Masks are required – staff, vendors & members
- Every other piece of equipment will remain closed and one way traffic flow maintained in order to maintain social distancing
- Members will be asked to wash hands immediately upon entry and just before exiting
- Sanitizing stations will be offered throughout the gym
- Covid-19 Symptoms list printed and displayed around gym
- Members & staff temperatures can be taken upon request
- No Showers, towel service, steam room, sauna, hot tub and drinking fountains during phase I
- No multi-player court sports in phase I
Are you going to allow guests to the club?
We are temporarily suspending all guest passes. We are open to new members and will allow a 3 day cancellation policy if they find we are not the right fit for them.
Will you have extra staff to help clean and sanitize?
Yes, we are adding an additional employee during all open hours to help constantly clean and sanitize.
Are you going to limiting the number of people allowed in the gym?
Yes. We are limited by the state regulations but we are going to go even further and limit the number to about a quarter of what the state will allow – Just to be even more careful. However – because of our square footage, we do not anticipate having to turn people away.
Are you open regular hours?
No, Phase 1 hours will be from 6 am – 8 pm, 7 days a week.
What exercise classes are going to be available?
It’s always best to check our online class calendar here for updates on available classes. Class size will be very limited so social distancing can be observed. No Senior Classes are recommended during Phase 1.
Will the Showers be available?
Unfortunately not, during phase 1 locker rooms are only available for rest room & locker usage. No Shower, Hot Tub, Steam Room or Sauna’s will be accessible during Phase 1.
What else will be off limits at the gym?
Multi Player Court Sports (1 person can be in a court at a time), Towel Service and Drinking Fountains will be off limits as well as the Ice Machine, Showers, Hot Tubs, Steam room & Saunas.
Are you going to have special "Senior Time"?
We are not incorporating ‘Senior Hours’ yet, as during Phase 1, seniors and other at-risk individuals are not encouraged to return to the gym during phase 1.
Are you going to be serving Beer?
Ha! Leave it to our members to wonder:) Yes, absolutely! We will not be encouraging people to hang out or mingle unless they can maintain social distancing.
Are you going to have One Way traffic flows?
Yes, we have marked the floor and walls with arrows. Our middle stairway is for getting upstairs and the two outside stairways are for returning to the bottom floor.